Tuesday, December 23, 2008

'Tis the Season Not to Query

I was preparing for another round of querying when I realized that, oh yeah, it's almost Christmas! And it's Festivus! And Hannukah! And Yule was only a couple of days ago. And Kwanzaa and Muharram are just around the corner!

Seeing how most agents come back to work on January 5, and I want to give them a few days to catch up, the plan is to start querying again on Thursday, January 8. That way they have a chance to wade through all the queries that piled up like Midwest snow over the holidays, and get through the queries from those writers who were thoughtful enough to wait until the agents got back to work.

I've also noticed I tend to get rejections on Fridays (and Wednesdays, for some reason), so I'll query that Thursday evening and have the shiny, sparkly, so amazing-they-can't-say-no query waiting for them when they get into work on Friday.

That's the plan, at least. Agents, you've been warned.

No comments:

Post a Comment