Thursday, February 19, 2009

My Haiku Brings All the Readers to the Blog

I don't know why, but for some reason, I've had the following lyrics running through my head all day long:

(sung to "Milkshake")

My haiku brings all the readers to the blog
And they're like
It's better than yours
Damn right it's better than yours,
I can write you another one
But I'd have to charge

All. Day. Long.

It probably has something to do with the fact that I finally finished my haiku for the Query Haiku contest. Now, I will warn you up front, I have written haikus before and almost always mangle the syllable count. I can check and re-check and still get it wrong, so hopefully this one's all right.

Oh, and I did it for my YA Urban Fantasy, tentatively titled Knights of Avalon, because I kinda think it's really cool. Here it is:

Knights of Roundtable
Reborn as New Jersey teens
Learn past, save future

Update:

Special Friday Bonus Haiku!

Milano Cookies
Half-off at supermarket
Nom nom nom nom nom

1 comment:

  1. And I can't wait to read it just from that! It sounds awesome!

    ReplyDelete