Still working on putting 'Knights of Avalon' into first person. I wish I could do the re-write faster, but there's a lot more to it than just switching pronouns. I also have to make sure I'm writing in the main character's voice. That's the fun, if time-consuming, part, because I love my main character and the way she thinks.
So while I re-write, I thought I'd discuss some other topics, like what I'm going to wear for Halloween. This is vitally important! Did I mention that I have to go to a Halloween party and I have no idea what to wear? OK, after much deliberation, I've pretty much settled on a costume, but I thought I'd share all the other ideas I had.
Being short on cash and sewing skills, I was forced to improvise. As I mentioned on my Twitter feed, I do have a lovely Renfest outfit, but I wore it last year with a pair of fairy wings and I didn't want to repeat the costume.
Here were my other ideas:
1. A doll from Dollhouse. I could be Lima, the doll no one ever sees on the show. I'd dress up in a pair of pajamas and wander around with a blank look on my face, saying things like, "Did I fall asleep?" and "I always try to be my best."
2. Ruth Bader Ginsburg. Come on, she's awesome! I already have a black robe and some white lace and I always wear my hair in a pony tail, all I'd need is a judge's gavel.
3. Slacker Ninja, the mysterious assassin who's too lazy to leave the house. All I'd need is a bathrobe, slippers, and some nunchucks.
4. Pandora. I love me some Greek mythology and I collect boxes. The only reason why I didn't end up going with this idea is that I'd have to buy or make a Greek tunic. That said, if I was going to do it, I'd walk around with my box, making a big show of resisting the temptation to look inside. Then I'd ask other people to take a look and if someone did open the box, maybe I'd have a Jonas Brothers CD or Hello Kitty in there, basically something to represent all the evils of the world. :-)
5. Katniss Everdeen. What, you're saying you don't know who she is? Then you've been missing out! I almost went with this idea too. I have some brown pants and thanks to my Ren garb, I do have a flowy green shirt. All I'd need is a bow and arrow, paint some blood on my face, and maybe have someone with a video camera following my every move. If people asked me who I was, I'd make them sit down and read The Hunger Games.
6. Crazy cat lady. I have lots of toy cats. I figured I'd stick one on my head, a couple on my shoulders, etc. Voila! Instant cat lady! Except Halloween is all about being something you're not.
6. Rabbit tamer. This is what I've decided on. So I have a Monty Python Rabbit of Caerbannog, complete with giant fangs. I have lots of kitty carriers because I do animal rescue. I have a brown trench coat and an Indiana Jones-style hat. I bought myself an Indy-style whip. OK, it's going to be a little like Lara Croft, but I'm going to run around, warning people not to let the rabbit out of its cage and once it does get out, I'm going to make a big show of it going for my neck and me having to fight it off with my whip. Sure, it's silly, but that's the fun of it. I might also bring my stuffed Cthulhu for the occasion.
Release Days Round-Up: December 1-7
1 week ago